DEVELOPMENT OF THE COMPETITION
The Tenth Antón García Abril International Chamber Music Competition will take place in Baza (Granada) -Spain- on the 1th, 22h and 3th of June 2022, at Dengra Theater:
This Competition is open to all kinds of instrumental groups with a minimum of two instrumentalists and a maximum of nine instrumentalists. A vocalist can be included. Only people 16 or over can take part in the Competition.
Non-published but autographed scores, adaptations and chamber-orchestral music transcriptions will be admitted in the absence of original scores for a particular combination of instruments. Piano parts from orchestral concerts for a soloist are excluded.
The order of participants will be decided by lot on May 24. The presence of participants that day is not required. The resulting list will be published by the Organization on the competition website and on our social networks, Instagram and Facebook.
The Opening Act will lead up to the two stages: a qualifying round and a final round.
Opening Act (June 1th). Place: Dengra Theater, Baza.
Qualifying round (June 2th). Place: Dengra Theater, Baza.
According to the order established, and the place and date indicated, contestants will perform a free choice programme not exceeding 15 minutes duration. Groups should be suitably adjusted to the time limitation established.
At the end of this stage the jury will announce the contestants selected for the Final round.
Final round (June 3th). Place: Dengra Theater, Baza.
The selected groups will perform a free choice programme, which shouldn’t exceed a length of 25 minutes. It has to be different from the one performed at the qualifying round.
The qualifying jury will be made up of five prestigious and well-known artists and the composer and musician Antón García Abril will preside over the competition.
The jury’s decision is final. The performance and quality of the program submitted by the contestants in both stages of the competition will be subject to evaluation by the jury.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- First prize: 4.000 € and a Diploma and Concerts (*)
- Second prize: 2000 € and a Diploma sponsored by Catalana Occidente)
- Third prize: 1000 € and Diploma
- Special Prize to the Best Performance of Spanish Music: 500 euros and Diploma. This award may be accumulated to any of the above ones by a single participant group.
- Special Prize to the Best Performance of Antón García Abril’s Works: 500 euros and Diploma. This award may be accumulated to any of the above ones by a single participant group.
The two Special Prizes pose no change in the assessment criteria of the jury, but extend the set of prizes, encouraging the performance of Spanish chamber music, especially the works of the composer that names the Competition.
(*)The following concerts will be offered to the 1st Prize:
- Concert at the Festival of Classical Music Huéscar, 2022.
- Concert at the “FIAPMSE – Forum Internacional de Alto Perfeccionamiento Musical del Sur de Europa” or other production by Hispania Musica- Concerto Malaga Foundation, 2022.
The collaboration of the different winning groups with other Festivals remain open, throughout this Edition.
The winners of the second and third prizes will be invited to participate in the Concert Series “Jornadas de Música y Patrimonio” organised by the Toledo Consortium and “Momentum Toledo”, in that city.
All the prizes will be subject to applicable taxes. The jury reserves the right to leave one of the prizes without a winner. In the same way, the jury will have the possibility of considering “ex aequo”. In this case, the prize will be split fifty-fifty.
All the groups in the Final Stage will receive a Diploma certifying that these contestants were finalists in the International Competition of Chamber Music “Antón García Abril”.
In order to register in the Competition, every group must send a chamber music video of at least 15 minutes long, and whose program will be freely chosen. The format will be chosen either mp4, or a link to any public platform, such as YouTube. A maximum of thirty groups will be admitted.
The following requirements are needed to enrol in the Competition:
- To send the completed application form, available on the Competition website, including the mail address of every member of the group.
- Payment of 90 Euros for each group in the account number:
Caja Rural Granada
- Attaching the deposit slip. (This amount of money can be refunded only in case the group has not been selected for the competition).
- A photocopy of the ID or passport of every member within the group.
- Programme of the pieces to be performed in both stages (Qualifying competition and Final competition).
- Brief CV of the group in Word format. (Maximum 250 words)
The documentation must be sent according to the deadlines that the Organization indicates to the registered groups, before May 20th, 2022 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
For more details, please contact:
- Tlfs: +34 676376684, +34 671566020
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOME GENERAL INFORMATION
The Association “Antón García Abril International Chamber Music Competition” is responsible of the Organization. This Organization undertakes to clarify the doubts of the contestants, and to resolve the issues regarding the interpretation of these Bases. It will also provide information on hotel accommodations to contestants who request it.
Contestants who are not present at the time indicated by the Organization for the development of the Contest without cause that justifies it will be excluded.
The jury may change the time devoted to each performance based on the number of contestants and the available time.
The jury of the Competition will determine the order of participation of the finalist groups in the last round.
The contestants should provide three copies of the pieces to be performed in the two Competition rounds to the Organization, as minimum one hour before their first performance.
All the events and performances will be public and they may be recorded. The International Chamber Music Competition Antón García Abril reserves the right to reproduce the finalists’ performances on Radio, TV, Video or any other means of reproduction, during the Competition and afterwards. This does not imply that contestants will receive any kind of payment or royalties.
The presentation of the application form implies the knowledge and acceptance of the above conditions.ica conocer y aceptar las presentes bases.